- Name: Lich
- Size: Medium
- Type: undead
- Alignment: Lich
Lich 5e stats
- Armor class: 17
- Hit Points: 135
- Hit Dice: 18d8
- Hit Points Roll: 18d8+54
- Speed: Walk 30 ft.
- Strength: 11
- Dexterity: 16
- Constitution: 16
- Intelligence: 20
- Wisdom: 14
- Charisma: 16
- Skills Saving Throw: CON +10, Saving Throw: INT +12, Saving Throw: WIS +9, Arcana +18, History +12, Insight +9, Perception +9
- Senses Passive Perception 19 Truesight 120 ft.
- Languages Common plus up to five other languages
- Challenge 21 (33000 XP)
Legendary Resistance: If the lich fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
Rejuvenation: If it has a phylactery, a destroyed lich gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all its hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of the phylactery.
Spellcasting: The lich is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). The lich has the following wizard spells prepared:
– Cantrips (at will): mage hand, prestidigitation, ray of frost
– 1st level (4 slots): detect magic, magic missile, shield, thunderwave
– 2nd level (3 slots): acid arrow, detect thoughts, invisibility, mirror image
– 3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, counterspell, dispel magic, fireball
– 4th level (3 slots): blight, dimension door
– 5th level (3 slots): cloudkill, scrying
– 6th level (1 slot): disintegrate, globe of invulnerability
– 7th level (1 slot): finger of death, plane shift
– 8th level (1 slot): dominate monster, power word stun
– 9th level (1 slot): power word kill
Turn Resistance: The lich has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
Paralyzing Touch: Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Attack Bonus: 12
- Damage: Cold
- Damage Dice: 3d6
Cantrip: The lich casts a cantrip.
Paralyzing Touch (Costs 2 Actions): The lich uses its Paralyzing Touch.
Frightening Gaze (Costs 2 Actions): The lich fixes its gaze on one creature it can see within 10 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or become frightened for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a target’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to the lich’s gaze for the next 24 hours.
Disrupt Life (Costs 3 Actions): Each living creature within 20 feet of the lich must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw against this magic, taking 21 (6d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Damage: Necrotic
- Damage: 6d6
Before starting GameCows with his wife Kendra, he used to teach English Language Arts in the US. He combined his love of gaming with education to create fun game-based learning lessons until he eventually decided to run GameCows with Kendra full-time. He’s known for pouring over rulebooks in his spare time, being the rule master during game night, and as the perma DM in his DnD group. Bryan loves board games, writing, traveling, and above all his wife and partner in crime, Kendra.