- Name: Gynosphinx
- Size: Large
- Type: monstrosity
- Alignment: Gynosphinx
Gynosphinx 5e stats
- Armor class: 17
- Hit Points: 136
- Hit Dice: 16d10
- Hit Points Roll: 16d10+48
- Speed: Walk 40 ft. Fly 60 ft.
- Strength: 18
- Dexterity: 15
- Constitution: 16
- Intelligence: 18
- Wisdom: 18
- Charisma: 18
- Skills Arcana +12, History +12, Perception +8, Religion +8
- Senses Passive Perception 18 Truesight 120 ft.
- Languages Common, Sphinx
- Challenge 11 (7200 XP)
Inscrutable: The sphinx is immune to any effect that would sense its emotions or read its thoughts, as well as any divination spell that it refuses. Wisdom (Insight) checks made to ascertain the sphinx’s intentions or sincerity have disadvantage.
Magic Weapons: The sphinx’s weapon attacks are magical.
Spellcasting: The sphinx is a 9th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 16, +8 to hit with spell attacks). It requires no material components to cast its spells. The sphinx has the following wizard spells prepared:
– Cantrips (at will): mage hand, minor illusion, prestidigitation
– 1st level (4 slots): detect magic, identify, shield
– 2nd level (3 slots): darkness, locate object, suggestion
– 3rd level (3 slots): dispel magic, remove curse, tongues
– 4th level (3 slots): banishment, greater invisibility
– 5th level (1 slot): legend lore
Multiattack: The sphinx makes two claw attacks.
Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) slashing damage.
- Attack Bonus: 9
- Damage: Slashing
- Damage Dice: 2d8+4
Claw Attack: The sphinx makes one claw attack.
Teleport (Costs 2 Actions): The sphinx magically teleports, along with any equipment it is wearing or carrying, up to 120 feet to an unoccupied space it can see.
Cast a Spell (Costs 3 Actions): The sphinx casts a spell from its list of prepared spells, using a spell slot as normal.
Before starting GameCows with his wife Kendra, he used to teach English Language Arts in the US. He combined his love of gaming with education to create fun game-based learning lessons until he eventually decided to run GameCows with Kendra full-time. He’s known for pouring over rulebooks in his spare time, being the rule master during game night, and as the perma DM in his DnD group. Bryan loves board games, writing, traveling, and above all his wife and partner in crime, Kendra.