We all have movie and television favorites that we are happy to watch a million times on repeat. But if Netflix has asked you one too many times if you are “still watching”, perhaps it is time to switch off the TV and dive into a board game! Gather your equally obsessive friends and experience a whole new dimension of your favorite TV shows and movies.
Check out the best Board Games based on Movies and TV shows below.
🏆 Our Top Picks for Best TV & Movie Board Games
In a hurry? Take a quick peek before you go.
Best Movies Board Games
#1. Disney/Marvel Villainous
Which Marvel villain would you like to be? Thanos? Ultron? Killmonger? Well, we have good news friends. You can be ALL of them — playing Marvel Villainous.
Using an asymmetric card game format, players select their favorite villains and use their individual powers to outwit the opposing villains and achieve their goals. All players must also combat against Marvel heroes from a shared fate deck, including; Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, and Black Widow.
The rules are straightforward, and being able to adjust the difficulty of the game means there is good replay value.
- Villainous Game System – In this asymmetric card game, each...
- Perfect for Families and Marvel Fans – Whether you're playing...
- Great Replay Value – Adjust the difficulty of the game to your...
Do you prefer Disney villains? Don’t worry, we have you covered there too! Disney’s Villainous is packed full of your favorite bad guys/gals, evil-doers, and malcontents. This board game series is perfect for Disney movie fans (who secretly root for the antagonists).
- Characters you love - In this asymmetric board game, choose from...
- Great for Disney fans and families - Whether you're playing with...
- Clear instructions - Easy to learn with clear instructions! Each...
#2. Jaws: The Game
Playing Time: 45-60 min
This cooperative board game adaptation of Jaws is a suspenseful tabletop strategy game. One player can be the famous great white shark who terrorizes Amity Island. The other three players hunt after the shark as Brody, Hooper, and Quint. The artistic styling helps to replicate the suspense of the classic movie.
The gameplay is divided into two sections — Amity Island and The Orca — played on a double-sided board to replicate the film’s story. If the humans kill the shark, they win. If the shark’s attack on the Orca succeeds, the great white shark wins.
Duunnn dunnn… duuuunnnn duun… duuunnnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun!
- What you get – 1 double-sided game board, 3 human movers, 1...
- Perfect for universal fans and families - Whether you're playing...
- Clear instructions – high quality, Easy to understand...
#3. Star Wars: Rebellion
Playing Time: 180-240 min
For Star Wars fans looking to take a break from the big screen and move towards the tabletop, there’s no better place to start than Star Wars: Rebellion.
Star Wars: Rebellion is an area-control board game in which players can either control the entire Galactic Empire or choose to play as the Rebel Alliance. In this strategy board game players, command starships, account for troop movements and rally systems as they battle for power.
With a complex level of involvement and superb detail, this one might not have the broadest of appeals, but for lovers of this hugely popular movie saga (or sci-fi in general), this will provide hours of thrilling entertainment.
- EXPERIENCE THE GALACTIC CIVIL WAR LIKE NEVER BEFORE: In Star Wars...
- STRATEGY GAME: Players plot their turns secretly, carefully...
- A GAME OF EPIC CONFLICT: As a Rebel player, lead daring strikes...
#4. Jurassic Park: Danger (Or Dinosaur Island)
Playing Time: 50 min
Cut from the same dino-cloth, these dinosaur-themed games offer you two different gaming styles.
Jurassic Park: Danger is a light strategy game in which players can either play as human or dinosaur characters. The humans must evade the dinosaurs and help get the park back online, then escape via the helipad. Meanwhile, the dinosaur team tries to eliminate the humans, controlling different species of the famous reptiles, as they aim for victory.
- What you get - Jurassic Park: Danger! comes with 1 game board,...
- Cinematic gameplay - One player controls savage dinosaurs while...
- Easy to understand instructions – High quality,...
Playing Time: 90-120 min
Meanwhile, Dinosaur Island is principally about building and managing your own dinosaur park. It is a highly interactive board game in which all players collect DNA samples, create dinosaurs, hire employees, and attract the most visitors to score points and win the game.
Consequently, the gameplay is more suitable for younger players, although there are business decisions about the choice of your park, which offers older players an enjoyable experience as well.
- Pandasaurus Games Dinosaur Island is the perfect game for adults,...
- Created by award winning designer Jon Gilmour (Dead of Winter,...
- Highly interactive board game, where everyone must collect DNA,...
#5. The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth
Playing time: 60-120 min
Arguably the movies that produced the most spin-off board games, (due to the fact that the famous original books created a whole world that lends itself perfectly to adventure quest games), The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth is one of the best.
Players form their own Fellowship (the Free Peoples of Middle-earth) and roam together through many varied adventures in this fully-cooperative, app-supported board game set against the backdrop of Tolkien’s fabled land of Middle-Earth.
There is a huge replay value; as each game is generated by an app, which creates a new scenario; changing the size and layout of the map, the enemies and allies that are encountered, side quests, and events that challenge players.
- EPIC ADVENTURE GAME: Form your Fellowship and set out on your own...
- STRATEGY GAME: You and your friends become heroes of the Free...
- COOPERATIVE GAME: Throughout Journeys in Middle-earth, you must...
Best TV Board Games
#1. Star Trek: Ascendency
Playing Time: 180 min
Players choose to control the greatest civilizations of the galaxy, traveling out from your home worlds, expanding your influence, and growing your civilization. Ascend the final frontiers as you take control of the famous Star Trek races and fleets, each one with unique abilities and strategies. Navigate to a new space lane, which enables you to expand and build the game structure to ensure each playthrough is unique.
- Contains 3 iconic races: Federation, Romulan and Klingon Empire...
- Each race has 33 ships and 3 fleet markers
- 45 card exploration deck
#2. Friends: Wheel of Mayhem
If you think you know your Friends trivia, then this is the game for you! Based on a popular episode of the hit show Friends (‘The One with the Baby Shower’), this question-based game is for anyone ages 12 and older who are Friends mega-fans or even casual watchers alike.
This game will put your Friends knowledge to the test with character and scenario-based questions and new challenges not found on the show. With a clear audience in mind, this game is a surefire way for fans of the TV show to enjoy a fun session of gaming.
- FAST-PACED WACKY FRIENDS GAME: Think you know your Friends? Well...
- AS SEEN ON FRIENDS BUT WITH ORIGINAL CHALLENGES: This game has...
- SPIN THE WHEEL OF MAYHEM: This game includes a motorized Wheel of...
#3. The Office: Assistant to the Regional Manager
Playing Time: 20-40 min
“Behind every great regional manager is a great assistant to the regional manager…”— the famous line from the television series which inspires the title in this spin-off game.
Players complete challenges, play raffles, place tokens, and get points by taking control of locations in The Office. The main objective is to have the most tokens in any given location. Before each turn, players must decide whether to put a token in the mug or on the game board.
Completing challenges with a variety of playing cards, each player devises their strategy. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.
- The Office Adult Party Game: Now you can be the Assistant to the...
- Fun and Engaging: Complete challenges, play raffles, place tokens...
- CONTROL OFFICE AREAS: Your goal in this board game is to have the...
#4. A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)
Playing Time: 120-240 min
A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) is a classic strategy board game that has new stream-lined rules and updated artwork.
Players pit their wits for dominance of the realm, either through force, coercing opponents with persuasive speeches, or rallying the townsfolk. This game offers a wide variety of ways to spread your influence over Westeros.
- A board game based on A Game of Thrones, a novel now adapted to...
- 3–6 players take command of the Great Houses of Westeros
- Updated second edition, incorporates elements of past expansions
#5. The Walking Dead: The Board Game
Playing Time: 30-60 min
Robert Kirkman’s comic book series – The Walking Dead – has become a hugely popular television show. Therefore, this board game version has a highly stylized artwork and design.
Additionally, the game can be played as a solo mission. The storylines reflect those of the original comic, so true fans will certainly be happy with this adaptation.
- For 1-6 players
- Based on the Walking Dead graphic novel series.
- Tons of replay value
And that’s a wrap! We hope you enjoyed our picks for the best TV and movie board games out there! Have you tried any of the games on this list? Did we miss any of your favorites? We’d love to hear your thoughts on these TV & movie board games. Drop a comment below and let us know!