Marbles are one of the only things that seem to have defied time.
Historically, many games were played with marbles, such as; Mancala, a marble point-taking game; Aggravation, a marble-movement game; and Chinese Checkers, with a marbled-pawn adaption. Marbles are like the cockroaches of the gaming world. They’ve been here forever and they don’t plan on dying out anytime soon.
With good reason, marble-based games keep their place in the ranks of classic games. Many famous board games have been re-released with a special marble board or pawns to commemorate a special edition version. Chances are that you know someone who owns a marble chess set; it’s become a statement piece in the modern day.
Think back to your core memories, have you ever played the game Kerplunk? Pull sticks from a latticed grid to prevent marbles from dropping to the bottom and losing you points. I would play this for hours on end until my parents would lose their marbles.
Check out this list of your favorite marble board games and blasts from the past to play in the modern-day.
🏆 Our Top Picks for Best Marble Board Games
In a hurry? Take a quick peek before you go.
- Family Friendly
- Press Your Luck
- "Take That" Easy and Quick to Learn
- CREATE THE GREATEST GIZMO AT THE SCIENCE FAIR: The sharpest minds...
- STRATEGY BOARD GAME: In Gizmos, players take on the role of...
- CHALLENGING AND COMPETITIVE: In Gizmos, you win the game by...
- Welcome ashore! Merchants Cove is a highly asymmetrical...
- Each player uses their own set of role-specific components and...
- To get an edge, merchants can employ local townsfolk to work in...
Best Marble Board Games
Best Games Made of Marble
We hope you enjoyed our list of the best marble board games! These clever marble games incorporate all types of mechanics and themes, from science to fantasy, pirates to adventure — you’re sure to find a marble board game to roll with.
Have you tried any of the games on this list? Which one is your favorite? Drop a comment below and let us know what you think! We’d love to hear from you.